Monday, February 16, 2015

3-D Modeling Concepts, round II

Continuing in a purely straightforward manner, last week's assignment was to create a disembodied human hand.

It's modeled on my own hand, thus the weirdly-angled first and last metacarpals, and drab coloration.  The only real mistake is the last knuckle; I put the pinkie at too steep an angle, and several steps along the way, the knuckle came out looking more like a wrinkle than a dome shape.

Gotta level with you:  I strongly dislike CGI, and the more I do it, the more I dislike it.  I've rarely seen any piece of CGI that I didn't think would've looked immensely better if it were hand-drawn.  Especially animation.  I don't like computer animation any better now than I did when Toy Story came out.  I am dreading the part of this course that covers it.

On another note, I'm pretty sure nobody at Bucks reads my blog - actually, hit counts indicate I get about one view per post - which is only good insofar as I can get away with badmouthing a class I'm currently taking.

No comments:

Post a Comment